Hi Aaron!

You should try veracrypt. It is a container-based encryption software, so  it create a huge file and store everything in that file (mounted as a virtual drive like boxcryptor). According to some sites dropbox will synchronize only the changed bytes, not the whole container file.

You can try encfs and its windows-fork like Safe (getsafe.org). But it isn't protected against long file path, which is ofte