Am I pleased? No, thrilled would be a better word.

A few observations:
Configuring the task plugin is incompletely implemented, the checkbox “consider
all checkboxes as tasks” is ignored, all checkboxes are considered tasks
regardless. In my case that’s hundreds of tasks now (I use checkboxes more
lightly, mostly for short lists or things inside the Journal)
The same is true for “sections to ignore”, including “Journal” here still shows
all lines with checkboxes in the Journal section
I haven’t found how to activate the popup window that used to come with the due
date plugin, however, I have the sneaking feeling that something was carried
over from my version 0.65, which is existing alongside the 0.66 now. Opening
the plugin window (in order to install the “re-anable OSX menubar”) claimed it
did not exist, yet some of the keywords I used in the old version to indicate
tasks were present.

The start date and due date syntax is brilliant, and the greying out (or
letting tasks that aren’t active yet disappear completely) works for me.
Excellent!

Will keep testing

Christoph