I got a little sick of my WordPress custom post types that I was using
to host the Zim installer packages for Windows on my web site. I spent
tonight building a new web site using ProcessWire CMS. (I highly
recommend ProcessWire for rapid prototyping and small web content
projects.)

The new URL for Zim installers for Windows is:
https://zim.glump.net/windows/

Please subscribe to this RSS feed to get notified immediately when I
publish new installer packages or have other Windows-related Zim news:
https://zim.glump.net/windows/news/?format=rss

The old URLs will redirect to the new home page for at least 2 years.
Jaap, you can update the URL listed at
http://zim-wiki.org/downloads.html whenever you get around to it.

----

Additionally, I was thinking about all the Windows-related trouble we've
had with the 0.66 release -- the two big issues I'm aware of are that
what's in the installer package doesn't work on Windows 10, and
VirusTotal reports that Baidu and at least 1 other antivirus tool don't
want to say that my installer packages are clean.

The current install package building process relies on py2exe which
hasn't been maintained for 7 years. Additionally, when I created this
building process, Python's "setuptools" package (used by Zim) probably
did not have a Windows Zip and MSI package builder function; now it does
have those functions, and Nullsoft Installer System is no longer needed.

In the next few weeks, I'm going to start a branch off of the 0.66
source code release to try to resolve these issues. First I need to
update my Windows 7, 8.1 and 10 development virtual machine templates to
provide a testing platform; then I will work on removing the NSIS
dependency and resolving whatever issues remain.

I'll give you an update around the middle of June if I haven't finished
this work I'm planning, and I'll announce new installer packages here
when I'm satisfied with the result. The new packages will be based on
whatever is the current "stable" source code release at that time.

In the mean time, I recommend Windows users either stick with the 0.65
installer packages or install a complete Python and PyGTK environment on
your system and run Zim from the source code.

Thanks for your patience.

Brendan Kidwell