On 05/31/2017 02:50 PM, Bo Grimes wrote:
On Wed, May 31, 2017, at 09:38 AM, JP Vossen wrote:
Lots of references and a possible solution in
https://github.com/jaap-karssenberg/zim-desktop-wiki/issues/72, though
it's for Zim 67~rc1 on Mint-18.1.

Thanks!  However, after reading through that I'll stick to the Spanish
because it's all Greek to me.

Wait, I re-read the original, but I can't see the screen shot. You said "gtkspell fails" but is "gtkspellcheck" OK? You only need ONE of them!

Bug 72 has a list of the packages installed, and the 2 step process that fixed it for me. Admittedly, I have 67~rc1 from the PPA, not your 0.65.

How do you have "gtkspell" because that's NOT in the Mint repos anymore. Maybe there is confusion there?

Do you have "aspell" and any dictionaries?

What's the output from:
        dpkg -l | grep 'spell' | cut -c 1-80

If needed I'll rely on my usual fall back: open in default editor (edit
source for ZIM--wish there was a keyboard shortcut), spell check, save.

Ouch!

Later,
JP