The notebooks that used to take me about 5 minutes to re-index are
taking close to 40 hours for me (they are larger notebooks).

It looks like the sql database is indexing every file under the root
directory of the notebook, even those not associated with Zim
directly, like zip or data files. I'm not sure if that was happening
with earlier versions.