At 04:18 PM 10/4/02 -0600 Marc A. Schindler favored us with:
>The BBC has just released a new documentary on Henry Kissinger. It's a
>biography, do doesn't just concentrate on the question I infer in my
>subject line, but it does apparently interview some people in the U.S.
>(some of who might surprise you) who think that he's a war criminal (a
>somewhat different question than whether he should be / could be tried
>as such).

There is no doubt in my mind that he is a war criminal.  On top of that he is a
traitor to his country and to the Constitution.  However, this should not lead any of
us to overlook all of the others who joined him in his evil.  Nixon, McNamara, and a
host of others were also traitors and war criminals for the same reasons that
Kissinger was.

Any national leader who uses his influence to send young Americans to die on the
battlefield without the constitutionally mandated declaration of war, is a murderer
and should be put to death.  And if the laws are not in place to accomplish this, then
they should be written and passed into law.

To scapegoat Kissinger when there is so much blame to go around, doesn't make any
sense to me at all.

I despise the Americans who made us loose the Vietnam War.  I despise those who
ordered others to their deaths without an honest effort to achieve a victory.  I
despise those who left thousands of MIA/POWs behind and swept the whole atrocity under
the rug.  I pray that they get what they deserve when they stand before the Judge.

But I agree, Henry Kissinger was and is one of the most evil men to ever have power in
our nation.  He had better accept Christ, and join the Church through baptism.  If he
doesn't, I'm sure glad that I'm not in his shoes.  When the Lord's wrath is poured out
beyond measure upon the inhabitants of this earth, it is men like Kissinger who will
inherit the infernal pit.  And their only chance for deliverance is for them to throw
themselves upon the mercy of Jesus Christ.  Somehow I can't picture that in the case
of Kissinger.  There comes a point when the Spirit will no longer strive with man, a
point beyond which he loses all desire for repentance.  I am not God, so I cannot
claim that Kissinger is such a man.  But if I were to make an educated guess, I would
guess he is the archetype of such men.

John W. Redelfs                                       [EMAIL PROTECTED]
For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against
principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the
darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in
high [places]. (Ephesians 6:12)
"All my opinions are tentative pending further data." --JWR