We may help establish freedom in Iraq. I think many Arabs are interested
in the gospel, however their current dictatorships and religious police
will not allow them to even say the word, "Mormon." God does work through
Zion, however I know that he sometimes works through wars of preparation
as well. Look at how many of the wars of the last century have helped
prepare nations of the world for the gospel. Today, more than half of
Korea is Christian. Japan would not have a temple today if it weren't for
the changes occurring due to WWII. Perhaps a war of preparation would do
well in the Middle East.
I only fear that such wars would quickly change to wars of pure
destruction, and not of preparation. If I'm not mistaken, I think Gileadi
compares the US with Egypt, and Russia with Assyria.  We have problems in
this country, no doubt. However, I believe that there are enough
righteous people to still make a difference.

K'aya K'ama,
Gerald/gary  Smith    gszion1 @juno.com    http://www
.geocities.com/rameumptom/index.html
"No one is as hopelessly enslaved as the person who thinks he's free."  -
Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Marc:
We will not establish freedom by overthrowing Saddam Hussein. Did I post
the
response from Dan Peterson here, a response to someone on another list
who had
said that the Arabs are not interested in the Gospel? The very day he
responded
to me he and his wife were having dinner with the Jordanian ambassador, a
member
of the Q12, a 70, and their wives. The work is going forward, but God
works
through Zion, not through Assyria. We need to get our nations back to
Zion and
away from Assyria/Babylon.

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/web/.