-Stephen-
> If you can't see how your psychic analysis, or at least
> psychoanalysis, of Castro does not constitute "history as it
> happened", but rather is an ideological gloss, then I'm
> powerless to help. However, as you take great pleasure
> in "tweaking" Americans, I expect that's what you're doing
> now.

-Marc-
> Stephen, if you contribute something positive, I'll comment
> on it. Otherwise, why bother?

Well, that's not very generous of you. After all, I often comment on
your posts. :)

> How do you know what my emotional state is if and when I
> "tweak" "Americans"?

Good point. I do not know. I assume the best. I suppose you could
instead be filled with malicious glee, or perhaps are in the thrall of
an uncontrollable compulsion. True, I am assuming that you're not
shedding tears of pity or sorrow when you "tweak", though that doesn't
seem too difficult a leap of logic. If I'm wrong, then I'll recant and
honor you for your deep, sympathetic nature, despite your rather unusual
way of demonstrating that sympathy.

> You can read history, or ignore it with smug personal attacks.
> Your choice.

Please name a personal attack I've made on you in this thread. Just one
will do. You have yourself admitted to enjoying "tweaking" (as you call
it) various groups, including Americans, so that can hardly be
considered an attack. On the other hand, crying "Ad hominem!" is
sometimes an effective way of diverting attention from the fact that
you're wrong...

History does not record that Castro "saw revolution as the only way" to
control American hegemony. Marc Schindler may claim it's the case, but
it's not history. It's ideology. And when you make an ideological claim
while simultaneously telling someone that ideological analysis is an
oversimplification, then say you didn't make any ideological claims --
well, I don't think it's terribly unusual that an observer might point
out the inconsistency.

Stephen