Yeah, yet another post on this topic...

I keep asking why Pakistan isn't being targetted instead of Iraq. We can
add another piece of turtle meat to the fire: there is at least the
accusation that Pakistan supplied North Korea with its light gas
centrifugal technology (which it got from the US) which is used to
produce enriched uranium. Pakistan has denied it. The US is also
accusing China of helping North Korea, but I can't see how a nuclear war
in the region would be to Beijing's advantage.

Incidentally, just to twit those who belittle Jimmy Carter's long
crusade against war, it was Carter who went to Pyongyang about 6 or 7
years ago and defused the last dangerous situationt here. Maybe Bush
should use Carter this time, too ;-)

“We do not think that there is an incompatibility between words and
deeds; the worst thing is to rush into action before the consequences
have been properly debated…To think of the future and wait was merely
another way of saying one was a coward; any idea of moderation was just
an attempt to disguise one’s unmanly character; ability to understand a
question from all sides meant that one was totally unfitted for action.”
– Pericles about his fellow-Athenians, as quoted by Thucydides in “The
Peloponessian Wars”

Note: This communication represents the informal personal views of the
author solely; its contents do not necessarily reflect those of the
author’s employer, nor those of any organization with which the author
may be associated.