From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Date: Tuesday, October 29, 2002 8:58:20 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [ZION] Study Bible in Hebrew, Greek, etc.

A good Latin Bible (the Vulgate version, naturally) is Biblia Sacra Latina,
known
as the Sistine Version (because it was commissioned by Pope Sixtus V and
later
reworked a bit under Clement VIII. My version was published by Samuel
Bagster &
Sons, and as usual, I got it at the Canadian Bible Society (we have a good
store
of the CBS that's right on the edge of the U of Alberta campus), but most
Christian bookstores will carry it. It uses modern Roman script, so isn't
hard to
read.

Noel Bennion wrote:

> Geoff,
>
> I use the Interlinear Bible by Jay P. Green with the The Strongest Strongs
> Concordance. The Interlinear Bible by Green comes in two flavors; there is
> a 4 volume set that doesn't have the Strong numbers in it and there is a
one
> volue set that does. I had both and ended up selling the 4 volume set
> because I liked having the Strongs information in the book. Both sets use
> what I believe is called the literal translation of the bible, somewhat
> different than the KJV.
>
> You just have to have good eyes or a good pair of glasses to use it. While
> this approach doesn't necessarily teach you the language fundamentals, it
> does give you insights into the Hebrew and Greek word applications.
>
> I have picked up an old Latin bible and a basic teach yourself Latin book
> and got thoroughly annoyed because challenge of reading the old latin text

> Noel

${list_promo}