After much pondering, Marc A. Schindler favored us with:
I'd be interested in knowing which one it is, as it's my understanding that all
inland North American glaciers are shrinking. Naturally there could be an
exception to this, such as coastal glaciers.
http://www.iceagenow.com/Growing_Glaciers.htm

Alaska's Hubbard Glacier surging. Yakutat, Alaska. July 15, 2002. Bulldozing a gravel moraine in front of it, the Hubbard Glacier is advancing so rapidly that has nearly cut off Russell Fiord from Disenchantment Bay. The resulting ice and gravel dam is cutting off the supply of salt water, turning Russell Fiord into Russell Lake, endangering the small fishing village of Yakutat.

Russell "Lake" is now rising at the rate of six inches a day as freshwater from snowmelt and rainfall continues pouring in. Once the lake level rises to about 130 feet, it will begin spilling over into the nearby Situk River basin, flooding the usually tranquil stream. This would all but destroy the world-class salmon and steelhead fishing in the area, and devastate Yakutat's economy.

The Hubbard Glacier, 73 miles long and 6 miles wide at the face, is the largest tidewater glacier in North America.
---

Yakutat, incidentally, is one of the branches in our stake. Although I have never traveled there, it receives a regular visit from the high council just like every other unit in the stake. In other words, this is happening right inside our stake.

Apparently there is another glacier near Mt. McKinley that is growing to. And I cannot speak to the other glaciers mentioned on this website, but it claims that there are many glaciers around the world that are growing instead of retreating. Maybe we should tell these glaciers to knock it off because it isn't politically correct, do you think?

John W. Redelfs [EMAIL PROTECTED]
"Dad always thought laughter was the best medicine,
which I guess is why several of us died of tuberculosis."
--Jack Handy

/// ZION LIST CHARTER: Please read it at ///
/// http://www.zionsbest.com/charter.html ///