Just to be clear, I was making fun of your statement.  You say that we are
the laughingstock of the world, and I just laugh at that (Ha ha! :-).  The
US is in a very difficult position of having sufficient power to destroy
most any enemy, but having no desire to simply crush an entire country (and
properly so).  Thus, little fleas can, for a time, seemingly become the
mouse that roared.  But GW is clearly a lot smarter than you or others who
are either eager to see him fail or who are simply our enemies think that he
is.  I just listened to the speeches concerning the passage of the UN
resolution against Iraq, which passed the UNSC unanimously.  people like you
say "It took 8 weeks!  What a jerk GW is."  However, I see a clever strategy
that allowed others to make their public stands and be able to announce that
they held back the US, while the US got exactly what it wanted.  Even SYRIA
voted for it, for heaven's sake!

The US would not go into Iraq until Dec - Mar, so there is plenty of time.
The US has made it clear to Saddam that either he completely disarms or he
is toast - there is not confusion there; Bush did an excellent job of
letting him know that, and of getting world support for his program.  There
is plenty of time now for the inspections to either succeed or fail.

People in general, and Americans in particular, want thinks NOW - they lack
patience.  In this case, referencing your comments, he who laughs last,
laughs best!  And, whatever we can do to bring happiness to the rest of the
world is EXACTLY what we should do! :-)

Jon

Stacy Smith wrote:

> No, I am not laughing at LDS as you suppose.  I am laughing at American
> leadership.
>
> Stacy.
>
> At 09:35 AM 11/07/2002 -0500, you wrote:
>
> >Of course!  I understood you completely.  My statement still stands.
What a