But sometimes one must stand up for what is right. Capt Moroni didn't
back down from the threat of the kingmen. He could have rolled over,
fearing war, and allowed the free republic they had become a kingdom. But
he realized that freedom, religion, and their families were more
important than keeping the peace.
We tried staying out of WWI and WWII. Instead, we found that the longer
we stayed out, the more entrenched the enemy became. It would have been
much easier to defeat Japan and Germany while they were still within
their own national boundaries.  Maintaining the Phillipine Islands would
have been easier than retaking it. And so it was with all those other
islands we recovered.
Do we wait until Islam engulfs the nations and becomes a giant threat,
before we "encourage" it to stand down and live peacefully among the
nations of the world? Or do we step in early, while it is easier?  Pres
Hinckley, speaking about children, told a story of a tree he planted.
Years later it was growing crooked, and he couldn't work it, even with a
wench. So he had to cut a major branch off. Had he watched it when it was
young, a little string would have corrected it.
I'm not saying we need to be Mom and Pop to all the world, but we need to
watch for global threats and be ready to nip them in the bud, or else
have even more dangerous conflicts later on.

K'aya K'ama,
Gerald/gary  Smith    gszion1 @juno.com    http://www
.geocities.com/rameumptom/index.html
"No one is as hopelessly enslaved as the person who thinks he's free."  -
Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

I basically believe we will attack and they in turn attack us.  We will
then incite the entire Islamic world and all will turn against us.
 Stacy.

Only $9.95 per month!
Visit www.juno.com