And it isn't as fun for the mentally ill today. I mean, you don't get to
have those electric shocks from the mid 1900s. Or, even better, you
aren't considered witches in early Salem and burned at the stake. And, of
course, there are those possessed souls in the Bible, who were allowed to
run wild in the wilderness, and eat with the animals (a la
Nebuchadnezzar).

Yeah, I can see just how difficult it is today, compared to previous
eras.  ;-)

I do understand there still is much mental illness  out there and it
needs treating. I'm glad for those who can live rather normal lives with
medicine, etc. It is a different world today, because we keep the
mentally ill at home, rather than locking them up for years. For some
people, it is still a difficult topic, but I think more and more people
are learning to handle it as a long term medical issue, rather than as a
devil possession.

K'aya K'ama,
Gerald/gary  Smith    gszion1 @juno.com    http://www
.geocities.com/rameumptom/index.html
"No one is as hopelessly enslaved as the person who thinks he's free."  -
Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Paul:
Yep. I'm a big goof and shoot my mouth off all the time and tell people
about my problems to members of the ward. And in return, they tell me a
little bit about their problems. A lot of people are on meds and that is
no exaggeration. My elders quorum president is on them too and so is the
bishop's wife. The list goes on and on. This crazy world we live in is
driving people nuts. It's complicated, fast paced, demanding, and
financially more difficult to pilot then it has ever been. We are being
squeezed by the demands and complications of modern living. Do this do
that. Deadlines, red lights, no bonus, bad economy, computer & car
problems, etc...

Only $9.95 per month!
Visit www.juno.com