Most people probably won't recognize the name Ken Wiwa, but he is the
son of the Nigerian novelist Ken Saro-Wiwa, who was killed by the
Nigerian military dictatorship that was in power before the present
government of Pres. Obesanjo {sp?}, in part for fighting for the rights
of the Ogoni people, who live in the oil-rich part of Nigeria, the Niger
and Cross River delta region of the SE part of the country, which,
coincidentally, is also where most Nigerian LDS live (by far). Saro-Wiwa
won the Nobel prize for literature for his book Sozaboy ("Soldier Boy"
in Nigerian creole). This is a book I've been trying to find, and I have
found that Indigo now carries it. I don't know how long it's been
available, but the edition I've put on my wish list is part of the
Longman African Writers Series and was published in 1995 (for info on
the book, if you're interested, see:
<<http://www.chapters.indigo.ca/item.asp?Catalog=Books&Section=Books&Cat=&Lang=en&Item=978058223699&mscssid=7EWCQDA2HCDH9N0KVA6BR44QDALM242A&WSID=23111ED63A2C44784667BB451D74EFED50B53323>>

Incidentally, the Nigerian Civil War was, I think, better known in the
west as the Biafran war.

Anyway, Ken, the son, now lives in Toronto, and writes a weekly column
for the Globe and Mail. This is a typical column, where he writes about
his search for the roots of the Ogoni people:

<<http://www.globeandmail.ca/servlet/ArticleNews/PEstory/TGAM/20021123/COWIWA23/Columnists/columnists/columnistsNational_temp/7/7/13/>>

“Man will occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of the time he
will pick himself up and continue on” – Winston Churchill

Note: This communication represents the informal personal views of the
author solely; its contents do not necessarily reflect those of the
author’s employer, nor those of any organization with which the author
may be associated.