Stacy Smith:

Suppose I suspect this individual failed to disclose this
information before baptism?  If he is now living a good life,
does any of this information need to come out?

_______________

To be baptized, a person who has violated the laws of the
land must have completed the terms of imprisonment,
parole, and/or probation resulting from his conviction.  He
must also be interviewed by the mission president (who
in some cases may delegate this interview to certain other
Church leaders (not missionaries) if needed.

After serving time and the parole/probation is complete,
if the interview with the mission president is successful,
he may be baptized.

If you believe this did not happen, you may want to mention
it to your bishop.

Some rare cases require that the mission president seek
permission from the First Presidency for baptism, but as
you have described it, this would not be one of them.

I agree with most of what others have said in this thread.
If this person has met the requirements of baptism, he is
entitled to all of the blessings of the gospel, including
temple blessings.  He has obviously been baptized more
than a year to have a current temple recommend.

We forgive, as the Lord told us.  That said, however, there
is no reason to tempt a person beyond their ability to resist
that temptation.  This means that my involvement with a
person who has been a predator would only be in the
safest of circumstances, such as at Church meetings and
activities and in other public locations.

The Church does the same thing.  A person who has
been convicted of molesting children, for example, may go
through the entire process of a disciplinary council, usually
losing his membership, then being readmited by baptism
and eventually having his blessings restored.  He is forgiven
and, based on his repentance and subsequent actions, is
entitled to all of the blessings of activity in the Church.

The Church will, however, see that he is never given a
calling or position of responsibility involving the youth or
the children in the ward.

Larry Jackson
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Only $9.95 per month!