At 09:58 PM 11/28/2002, you wrote:
Gary Smith:

A sage plumber I once visited at his throne on a high pile,
er, mountain of, er, uh, well anyway.... he told me that there
are two secrets to plumbing:

The good water comes up, and the dirty water goes down
the hole.

_______________

Did he say what to do if the steel wool scouring pad goes
down the toilet first and gets stuck?  ("I didn't do it.")

If he didn't, does anyone else have any ideas.  I haven't
been able to snake it out yet, and I'm not sure any of
those chemicals (like Drano) will work on steel wool.

It has two toilets, two sinks, and a bathtub clogged right
now.  Fortunately, we have one other set of plumbing that
drains past wherever the clog is, but I'm afraid we are
going to push it to a point where everything backs up.

What a wonderful weekend for company.

The turkey was good, though.  Calmed everyone right down.

Larry Jackson
Larry,

Sounds like the best bet (assuming the steel wool is in fact still stuck in the toilet and not further down the drain pipe) is to take the toilet completely off (make sure before you do that you have one of those wax rings). Once you have the toilet disconnected from everything take it outside on your lawn, turn the toilet upside down and snake your garden hose down through the opening (works best the higher pressure hose you can get) and turn the water on full. It shouldn't take more than a few minutes of working with it to get the steel wool to at least get to a point where you can pull it out by hand. I've dislodged many a toy and various other paraphernalia using this method <grin>.

--
Steven Montgomery
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Recall the new star that announced the birth at Bethlehem? It was in its precise orbit long before it so shone. We are likewise placed in human orbits to illuminate. Divine correlation functions not only in the cosmos but on this planet, too. After all, the Book of Mormon plates were not buried in Belgium, only to have Joseph Smith born centuries later in distant Bombay. (Elder Neal A. Maxwell, Conference Report, Saturday Morning, Oct 2002)

/// ZION LIST CHARTER: Please read it at ///
/// http://www.zionsbest.com/charter.html ///