I am here at home waiting for my kids to finish getting ready for school, so
I called my wife, who went into the store early to try to get some work done
before people started bothering us by trying to come in and buy something

Her response was "What new book?"  So I guess we don't carry it! :-)

Actually, we carry books based upon the expectations of our customers as to
what an LDS book should be like.  If there is anything "inappropriate" in a
book, customers will come back and complain about it.  We try to read every
book that is out prior to carrying it, other than, of course, books by such
small fry as GBH.

Our son goes to a "Christian" (eh, John! :-) private school , and my wife
buys all their books since we sell them to the school at cost.  They once
wanted Card's "Ender's Game" and my wife, not knowing it like I do, went
ahead and ordered it for them.  (I wish she would have asked me first.) Were
they ever surprised!  Luckily, they don't know he is LDS.  It is tough being
the only true Christians in a school run by people who belong to the Church
of Satan!

And, by the way, I too like to study ancient Egyptian stuff.  I can even go
one better!  When I was a wee lad and Lived in San Jose (CA), I lived close
by the Rosicrucian Museum and frequented it often, as they also had a
planetarium.  Kewl place!  (On the corner of Naegle and Park Ave, right
across from Herbert Hoover Junior High School and the Park Ave. Pharmacy).
I think that this trumps Paul's merely "studying" about the heathens.
Unless, of course, the bookstore (and not carrying Card or Signature books)
automatically disqualifies me.  :-(

Jon