> By the way, am I the only one out there who is REALLY looking forward to
> seeing "LOTR: The Two Towers"?

Perhaps, but only because I am REALLY, UNBELIEVABLY looking forward to it. :-)

While it does come out on the 18th, I count days until I will see it.  So for me, it's
ten more days.

I have no suspense this time about how the movie will be.  I know that it will be
great because the first was so good and the continuity of scene shooting guarantees
consistent quality.

Predictions: 1.) It won't make as much money as the first one did (but will still make
lots).
2.) It won't receive as much acclaim as a movie in and of itself as the first one did.
 It will very clearly be seen as the continuation of the movie and very incomplete on
its own.  No one will mind that, of course, knowing what to expect.  Of course, the
one year wait for the completion will just about kill the fans.
3.) When all three movies are completed, the opus will considered one of the greatest
cinematic achievements of all time.  It will be a standard against which all other
directors' works will be judged.  Maybe no one will ever attempt anything like it
again.  It will be considered a wonderful work of art that has substantially increased
the value of the great body of work done over time.  It will be canonical.  The
complete set of the extended versions will be a must have and no other series of
movies will come close to the total movie experience.  Not even the first three Star
Wars movies.
4.) After next year's third installation, there will be some theatres that will hold
near continuous showings of the "whole" movie (i.e. all three) as one movie.  That
will be about nine hours.  Perhaps people will be able to pay for portions of the show.

=========  Mark Gregson  [EMAIL PROTECTED]  =========