Well, I'm excited for movie two.  I want to see it opening night, not
sure how I'll work that in to my life with a baby.  My husband has seen
Fellowship for the first time on DVD over Thanksgiving weekend, so now
he wants to see Two Towers with me, hurrah.

A friend brought the DVD by at Thanksgiving, so I got to see much of
that backstory, making-of footage.  Made me more excited to see the next
installment.  Made me wonder why I'm not doing cool stuff in my life,
like making scale models of orthanc, or designing elven swords, or more
particularly, designing and making the costumes.
     My daughter was Fleur de la Coeur for Halloween, and making her
costume was too fun.  She's a natural platinum blonde at this age, and
her good friend already claimed the Hermione role.

My prediction for this Two Towers movie is that it will be violent.  As
I was rereading Two Towers this week, I was noticing a preponderance of
battle scenes.  Also, I 'm looking forward to Eowyn's character being
introduced to the movie--a fabulous character that could be the star of
a lesser work.

Reading two of the books a measure of fan status?  I'm running into geek
rating.  I've read the entire LOTR trilogy four times in the last
thirteen months.  Too me, the dividing line between the fans and the
fanatics is learning elvish.
      Though now more people talk about LOTR and I find I know much more
about it that other readers, I believe I should give in to my interest
in the languages of middle earth.  apparently I'm a tolkien geek anyway.

My eight-year-old wants to have a LOTR-themed birthday party next year.
That's my girl!

Johnna
okay, I'll admit my friends called me Meriadoc all those years ago, and
my best friend was Pippin.  anyone else had a LOTR moniker?