Jim Cobabe favored us with:
"Church members who seek to use LDS doctrine as a basis for concluding
that government infringements on inalienable rights have excused them
from obeying the law seem to have forgotten the principle of following
the prophets. Until the prophets invoke this principle, faithful members
will also refrain from doing so. We remain committed to uphold our
governments and to obey their laws." (Dallin H. Oaks, "Some
Responsibilities of Citizenship", BYU Marriott Center, July 3, 1994)
Following this same train of thought, here are questions 7-9 in the screening questionnaire I use for my Moroni list:

7. I believe the Twelfth Article of Faith: "We believe in being subject to
kings, presidents, rulers, and magistrates, in obeying, honoring, and
sustaining the law."
A. Strongly agree
B. Agree
C. Don't know
D. Disagree
F. Strongly disagree

8. But I also believe D&C 134:5 which reads: "We believe that all men are
bound to sustain and uphold the respective governments in which they
reside, WHILE PROTECTED IN THEIR INHERENT AND INALIENABLE
RIGHTS, by the laws of such governments; and that sedition and rebellion are
unbecoming every citizen thus protected, and should be punished accordingly;
and that all governments have a right to enact such laws as in their own
judgments are best calculated to secure the public interest; at the same time,
however, holding sacred the freedom of conscience."
A. Strongly agree
B. Agree
C. Don't know
D. Disagree
F. Strongly disagree

9. However, when these two are in apparent contradiction, I believe that it
is the Priesthood led by the President of the Church, rather than the
individual that makes the final determination as to which principle is
supreme at any given moment. A saint does not take the law into his own
hands.
A. Strongly agree
B. Agree
C. Don't know
D. Disagree
F. Strongly disagree

John W. Redelfs [EMAIL PROTECTED]
"Atheistic humanism is the opiate of the self-described
intellectuals" --Uncle Bob

/// ZION LIST CHARTER: Please read it at ///
/// http://www.zionsbest.com/charter.html ///