Marc A. Schindler favored us with:
> Stacy Smith favored us with:
> >Well, I'd like to know just how many such lists there are.  Judging from
> >other lists on other subjects, there must be hundreds out there.
>
> For a while I was the Open Directory Project editor in charge of listing
> the LDS email discussion lists.  There are 274 listed at the moment, but
> few that generate enough traffic to actually sustain a
> conversation.  Probably the most active of all LDS lists is Mormon-L.  But
> it is not exactly a faith promoting experience.  A couple of years ago I
> promised I would never again participate there.  I made the decision after
> a list member referred to Boyd KKK Packer.  That didn't disgust me so much
> as the fact that no one on the list seemed outraged by it but myself.

Not "no one", actually. ;-)
It would have been nice if you had joined me in my protest, Marc. I don't remember hearing a peep from you. There is a bishop in my stake who is a longtime Mormon-L-er, and he didn't say anything either. Bob Westover didn't say anything either. I wasn't so disgusted with Richard Russell's blasphemy. I expected as much from him. But the lack of protest persuaded me that I had no place on the list. I was truly offended by the lack of protest. You know what would have happened if someone had said something negative about D. Michael Quinn.

Aw... nevermind. It is all ancient history.

John W. Redelfs [EMAIL PROTECTED]
At present, the Book of Mormon is studied in our Sunday
School and seminary classes every fourth year. This
four-year pattern, however, must not be followed by
Church members in their personal and family study. We
need to read daily from the pages of the book that will get
a man "nearer to God by abiding by its precepts, than by
any other book." (Ezra Taft Benson, October 1988)

/// ZION LIST CHARTER: Please read it at ///
/// http://www.zionsbest.com/charter.html ///