[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
Since we have strong personal responsibility to have a witness of the Holy Ghost as to whether our leaders are leading us correctly, what do we do when a priesthood leader is doing wrong? How high up the "chain of command" do we go before we reach a point where we say that we must be misunderstanding the leader, he (she) can't possibly be leading us astray?

We have no promise that our leaders will not lead "us" astray. The promise is that they will not lead "the Church" astray. Each of us has the Holy Ghost to provide personal, individualized protection. I say, listen to the Holy Ghost. He will guide us when to follow our leaders and when to refuse. And I dare say that he will guide us that our inspiration is for ourselves only lest some other foolishly throw the baby out with the bath water. Because even when we get bad counsel, our leader is still our leader.

Still, I have never heard one of the General Authorities recommend that we be unfaithful to our wives, or become involved in recreational drugs, etc. But if I do, I'll certainly run it past the Holy Ghost to see if I should follow such counsel. Just how realistic is the problem of such counsel?

John W. Redelfs [EMAIL PROTECTED]
"There is no place in this work for those who believe only
in the gospel of doom and gloom. The gospel is good
news. It is a message of triumph." --Gordon B. Hinckley