Look at APE or write your own logic. Moving large content into the filesystem and referencing the content by path is more or less straight forward except you have to deal with transaction issues. If you want to use Postgres you can of course write your custom ZSQL method that hook into the Zope transaction management.

-aj

--On 21. September 2005 13:06:56 +0200 Tóth Zoltán <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Hi,

I would like to separate the object definitions from the contents,
because the contents could be very big ordenary files and it seems better
to keep them in another place, practicaly in postgesql in another server.

thanx

Zoli

----- Original Message ----- From: "Andreas Jung" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Tóth Zoltán" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>; <zodb-dev@zope.org>
Sent: Wednesday, September 21, 2005 12:53 PM
Subject: Re: [ZODB-Dev] Change ZODB to PostgreSQL data
--On 21. September 2005 12:33:47 +0200 Tóth Zoltán <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

Hello!

Can I change Zope Object Database to PostgeSQL database?

Why do you want to do that? As far as I know there is no dedicated
storage for available for Postgres except using frameworks like Ape
or SQLStorage (for Archetypes).

-aj