Andre Meyer wrote:
I am not sure whether ZODB is the right thing to use for my needs. So, I have a number of threaded objects that have a context as a separate entity. The object and context need to be separated to allow for the threads to run asynchronously while their context aspects are shared in an environment model. The context aspect contains attributes that are perceivable from other objects, such as location, speed, colour etc.

Can you express this in terms of python objects?

Now, my question is this: can I use ZODB to store my context objects and retrieve them by various attibutes. For example, can I look up easily all objects that have x and y coordinates within a given range? Or all objects of a given colour without knowing their names or paths?

You can do whatever you want provided you build the right data structures...

cheers,

Chris

           - http://www.simplistix.co.uk