Stephan Richter wrote:

On Wednesday 09 November 2005 11:00, Tim Peters wrote:
Stephan Richter was wrestling with a migration script a couple months ago.
I don't know whether he packaged the code he ended up with for reuse.
Here's a record of the IRC chat in which details got worked out:

   http://zope3.pov.lt/irclogs/%23zope3-dev.2005-08-25.log.html

The resulting code from the discussion is publically available in the SchoolTool source:

http://source.schooltool.org/viewcvs/trunk/schooltool/src/schooltool/generations/evolve5.py?rev=4984&view=auto

Regards,
Stephan
Yuhuu!! It seems to work.

So the key is to force activation and repickling of every persistent object in the database, then all the modulename, classname references are updated to the current. It certainly seems that I can use my original approach of overriding classFactory in DB for the duration of the upgrade script.

Very nice. I almost did the same thing as the evolve function but I only changed the objects who where of the class that I was moving to another module. That didn't work in 3.5.1 but worked in 3.2.