Wherever I run ZEO I would never enable the persistent cache. It has always tended to create more problems than it solves.

I think a lot of people don't realize that the "persistent" of "persistent cache" only means "survives across ZEO client restarts", not "enable the ZEO cache". The ZEO cache is already enabled, it just uses hidden files instead of user-visible files to store stuff.

jens