Tim Peters wrote:
I have nothing new to say about this.  As noted multiple times before,
assorted code and internal comments contradict each other about the
intent here.  Truly resolving that still requires someone with
knowledge of cache verification invariants to determine the true
intent, and fix the code+comments accordingly.  Short of that, you're
still reduced to poke-and-hope.

Yay! :-)

I feel a sense of deja-vu asking this but I'm working offline so can't google to check, but if I stop using persistent caches, does this problem go away?

cheers,

Chris

           - http://www.simplistix.co.uk