Chris Withers wrote at 2006-6-26 14:05 +0100:
>Dieter Maurer wrote:
>> The newest pickle formats can also handle the class references
>> is bit more efficiently -- at least when a single transaction
>> modifies many objects of the same class.
>
>I know ZC was involved in the work to introduce these new pickle
>formats, but are they actually used in ZODB yet?

I think the optimization I refered to (if you have several instances
of the same class in a pickle, then they all share a single
instance of the class name and reference this one) is already
used.

You mean an optimization to make the pickle size for some
new style classes smaller. That's not yet used because it could
make the storage exchange between different Python versions impossible
(the older Python versions would not understand the new pickle protocol).

--
Dieter