On Apr 24, 2007, at 9:50 PM, Gary Poster wrote:

I assume you are more interested in seeing if you can get someone to raise a compelling -1 than in hearing a chorus of +1s. But FWIW, +1 in getting rid of versions. It sounds like it would simplify the code significantly, which would be its own "feature".

Yup.

A typical comment I came across yesterday in a comment for loadEx in ServerStub.py:

# Return current data for oid in version, the tid of the transaction that # wrote the most recent revision, and the name of the version for the # data returned. Versions make this hard to understand; in particular, # the version string returned may not equal the version string passed # in, and that's "a feature" I don't understand. Similarly, the tid # returned is the tid of the most recent revision of oid, and that may # not equal the tid of the transaction that wrote the data returned.

Powered!
CTO                             (540) 361-1714
http://www.python.org