Hi,

(this goes mostly to Jim)

I just noticed that the blob.py has a todo list at the end of it. We
shouldn't let it stay there. Here are some comments about the various
entries:

# To do:
#
# Production
#
#     - Ensure we detect and replay a failed txn involving blobs forward
or
#       backward at startup.
#
#     Jim: What does this mean?

Chris McDonough came up with this, I'm not quite sure. It has something
todo how FileStorage recovers when starting up AFAIR.

# Far future
#
#       More options for blob directory structures (e.g. dirstorages
#       bushy/chunky/lawn/flat).
#
#       Make the ClientStorage support minimizing the blob
#       cache. (Idea: LRU principle via mstat access time and a
#       size-based threshold) currently).

I can put those into launchpad as blueprints.

# Savepoint support
# =================
#
#  - A savepoint represents the whole state of the data at a certain
point in
#    time
#
#  - Need special storage for blob savepointing (in the spirit of
tmpstorage)
#
#  - What belongs to the state of the data?
#
#    - Data contained in files at that point in time
#
#    - File handles are complex because they might be referred to from
various
#      places. We would have to introduce an abstraction layer to allow
#      switching them around...
#
#      Simpler solution: :

Didn't you (Jim) do this?