Hi,

Dieter Maurer schrieb:
Christian Theune wrote at 2008-1-29 16:32 +0100:
When I looked up the definitions in Wikipedia about isolation and serializability again I didn't find any hint about the conditions how to decide which ordering is preferred.

From Wikipedia ("http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Serializable_%28databases%29";):

  A schedule is serializable, if its outcome ... is equal
  to the outcome of its transactions ececuted sequentially without
  overlapping.

I interpret this as "any ordering" of the transactions will do.

That would mean that the write skew phenomenon that you found would be valid behaviour, wouldn't it? Am I missing something?

Christian

--
gocept gmbh & co. kg - forsterstrasse 29 - 06112 halle (saale) - germany