Hi All,

I believe I've bottomed out the bug at the centre of my POSKeyError report this morning and it's a real nasty. It's pretty convoluted but I'm fairly sure it's a bug.

Imagine the following zope.conf setup:

<zodb_db main>
   <filestorage>
     path $INSTANCE/var/UnPacked.fs
   </filestorage>
    mount-point /
</zodb_db>

<zodb_db packed>
   <filestorage>
     path $INSTANCE/var/Packed.fs
   </filestorage>
    mount-point /packed
</zodb_db>

Now, create a folder 'test' in /packed and then cut and paste it in the ZMI to /unpacked (a folder in the unpacked storage).

Everything appears fine and it looks like 'test' now looks like it's happilly living in /unpacked.

Okay, now the problem: pack the Packed.fs storage.

Now, if you try to go to /unpacked in the management interface, with Zope 2.10.2, you'll get a a POSKeyError.

My guess is that the 'test' folder never really gets moved to the UnPacked.fs storage, it's just a reference that gets created to the object in the Packed.fs storage.

However, the packing code doesn't apepar to take cross-db references into account and so lets the 'test' folder be packed away, causing the POSKeyError :-(

Ideas as to how to prune the resulting POSKeyError greatfully received.

cheers,

Chris

PS: It appears that the fsrefs.py that ships with (at least) Zope 2.9.3 doesn't really give meaningful output :-/

           - http://www.simplistix.co.uk