Wichert Akkerman wrote:
For some of us a the main reason for using RelStorage is to be able to satisfy the 'all data must be stored in our oracle cluster' requirement from enterprise customers. That means we can not use NFS mounts to store blobs.

You have a point, and I know how stubborn enterprises can be.

Here's an approach that will probably work: keep blob handling completely separate from other database operations and open a different database connection for each thread. Maintain pseudo-file-handle state completely outside the database.

This design could be independent of RelStorage. We could create a wrapper much like the current <blobstorage> but put the blobs in the database instead.

Shane