On 15.11.2008 16:11 Uhr, Jim Fulton wrote:

On Nov 15, 2008, at 10:03 AM, Andreas Jung wrote:

Hi there,

is there a way to analyze the data committed during one transaction?
The current usecase is Plone. A simple change to a document causes a
large transaction (between 30k and 100k even for a one-char change). I
am interested to know how many of this data belongs to the
portal_catalog/index and how many are actually changes to the content
object itself (or subobjects).

You can use a storage iterator to iterate over the data records in the
transaction. You can analyse these records to see things like, their
number, size and type.

To look at a single transaction, pass the transaction id as the start
transaction for the iterator. Then call next on the iterator to get an
iterator for that transaction.

I am basically looking for "real-time monitoring" solution (hacked into the sources). Rephrasing my question in a different way: how can I get hold of the "parent" object based a persistent object with a _p_jar connection? E.g. when the ZODB commits a subobject (e.g. a BTree or a bucket) of portal_catalog/Indexes/some_index then I would like to get hold of the the related parent "first-class" Zope 2 object (e.g. derived from SimpleItem/Item or something like that).

Andreas
begin:vcard
fn:Andreas Jung
n:Jung;Andreas