Jim Fulton wrote:
>> Is there a way for cleaning up a storage and removing the related
>> versions in some way?
>
> Yes. Use the ZODB 3.8 strip_versions script.

I used this buildout to get this script available in isolation:

[buildout]
parts =
   fixer
versions = versions

[versions]
ZODB3 = 3.8.3b1

[fixer]
recipe = zc.recipe.egg
eggs = ZODB3

...it doesn't need an instance home or any such, as it just copies a
source .fs file (which can be in use) to a new .fs fiel but minus the
versions.

cheers,

Chris

PS: Andreas, I could have taken your usual approach and just shouted at
you to use Google since Jim already helped me through this about a month
ago ;-)

            - http://www.simplistix.co.uk