On Dec 23, 2009, at 2:26 PM, Jim Fulton wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 23, 2009 at 4:20 PM, Jeff Shell <j...@bottlerocket.net> wrote:
>>
>> Are you asking at the ZODB level, or at a higher level, such as Zope?
>
> I'm asking if applications are using undo these days.
>
>> We use it in our Zope 3 based CMS. We usually only expose a single-level
>> undo and have not exposed any interface to undo more.
>
> What do you mean by single undo? Undoing just one transaction?

Undoing just one transaction. When doing like an action like 'delete' inside of
a folder, we add a link to the end of the message that is displayed on the next
page to undo: "Deleted 3 items (undo)". If 'undo' is clicked, then the next
page has a message to redo (undo the undo).

It's always meant to undo a single, recent (but maybe not the most recent)
transaction, there as a quick "oops!" recovery mechanism. Once they move on to
the next page, the link to 'undo' is gone.

Thanks,
Jeff Shell
j...@bottlerocket.net