> The DB on the choked process is perfectly good up to the last commit when it
> choked, and I've even tried extremely small values of cache_size_bytes and
> cache_size, just to see if I can get it to stop allocating memory and
> nothing seems to work.  I've also used string values ('128mb') for
> cache-size-bytes, etc.

On the connection object there are two methods you want to use:
  - cacheMinimize
  This is more of a heavy hand which attempts to deactive *all* non
  modified objects from cache.

  - cacheGC
  This will clean up the internal cache via the cache-byte-size parameter.

If you are not calling these (I do not believe they are called in trnx.commit)
in your code; then they are probably not being called.

cheers
alan