On Sun, Sep 19, 2010 at 1:50 AM, Nathan Van Gheem <vangh...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm experiencing some very frustrating issues with ZODB blob storage and am
> wondering if anyone has a pointer for me here.
> Basically, if we try to migrate a lot of our files to blobs or import/move
> large amounts of blob files, we'll get this error:
>>
>>   invalidations out of order, None < '\x03\x88\xf8c^\x8eG\xdd'
>
> I've
> found http://plone.293351.n2.nabble.com/plone-app-blob-migration-ARFilePreview-and-AROfficeTransforms-in-a-Plone-3-x-ZEO-cluster-sharing-they-td4291640.html and https://bugs.launchpad.net/zodb/+bug/509801
> I'm running ZODB 3.8.5 on the zeo clients with Plone and Zope 2.10.11 and
> ZODB 3.9.5 on the zeoserver(we're running ZRS which requires ZODB 3.9
> series--that's why it's different). I had thought the once we moved to ZODB
> 3.9.5 that this problem would disappear according the the resources I found;
> however, it seems that they are still present--turns out it's a client
> problem... We can't move the clients to zodb 3.9.5 since Zope 2.10.11 is not
> compatible with it.

The fix for https://bugs.launchpad.net/zodb/+bug/509801 hasn't been
backported to 3.9, although I assume it could be.

Do you know that Zope 2.10 won't work with ZODB 3.9? If so, I'm
curious why?

> Anyways, I was wondering if anyone has had some suggested resolutions to the
> problem. Is it safe to drop the client's zodb version down to 3.8.4 so where
> the problem doesn't seem to exist?

Probably, but ...

> Or is it possible to backport the fix to
> a 3.8.6 release perhaps? I'm not entirely familiar with the zodb code, but
> I'd be willing to do the work if that was the only option.

I do think it's practical to backport the fix.  The hardest part would
be resisting the temptation to backport other fixes. :)

I'll look at making a 3.8 release with just this, or maybe this and
a few other fixes if they are extremely low-hanging.

Jim

--
Jim Fulton