Hi All,

I'm trying to fix this bug:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/zope2/+bug/649605

...and I'm struggling to find documentation on the semantics of _v_
attributes.

In particular, surely this code:

             base._p_activate()       # make sure we're not a ghost
             base.__setstate__(state) # change the state
             base._p_changed = True   # marke object as dirty

...should be enough to indicate that all _v_ attributes should be dropped?

If it isn't, what is the correct way to indicate to Persistent/ZODB that
all _v_ attribute should be dropped not only for the current object but
for all occurrences of that object across all connections to the current
ZODB?

cheers,

Chris

             - http://www.simplistix.co.uk