On 04/11/2010 14:13, Shane Hathaway wrote:
>> Turns out I had keep-history set to true whereas the database have been
>> created with it set to false.
>>
>> Should this not result in an exception being logged rather than just a
>> silent death that causes zdaemon to lamely attempt to restart the instance?
>
> It outputs an error using the logging module and raises an exception.

Have you verified this in a normal Zope 2 setup?
In my case, I have 2 "normal" storages, both of which now have
keep-history as false and a third for the temp folder. I'm using MySQL
as the back end and saw no logging either from RelStorage or anything
that might have caught an exception from RelStorage...

cheers,

Chris

            - http://www.simplistix.co.uk