On Tue, Oct 4, 2011 at 1:45 PM, Vincent Pelletier <plr.vinc...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Le mardi 04 octobre 2011 18:59:32, Jim Fulton a écrit :
>> I've created an oodb "package" as a namespace package:
>
> Sounds good to me.
>
>> Thoughts?
>
> What would be the structure ?

First, I'm not in a hurry to move anything.
See my response to David.

> Especially regarding:
> - ZODB "itself" (ie, independently from the following entries)
> - ZEO
> - FileStorage (would it still be inside ZODB ?)
> - DemoStorage

*Eventually*, I'd like to see most of these managed as separate
distributions to shorten release cycles, so any of these are
candidates for moving.  ZODB might be the last, or never move.

Sadly, I also see this as a (long-term) opportunity to remove the
"Z" anti-brand. whimper.

> - zlibstorage

Yup.

> - ...other Storage interface implementations (NEO, RelStorage, etc)

NEO raises a thorny issue because of it's license.
I'd prefer to include only packages with open licenses.
(Sorry, I don't want to pick a fight, but the GPL is just
too restrictive.) I wouldn't include ZRS either.

I'd also like to control what goes into this namespace,
to assure some level of quality and compatibility. I don't
necessarily need to do this by myself, although I'm
willing to be a BD.

Jim

--
Jim Fulton