Hello all,

While doing some googling on ZEO + memcache I came across this:

https://github.com/eleddy/zeo.memcache

Has anybody ever tried it?

I gave it a short try and after fixing a small issue with a return value
(pull request sent) I managed to make it run. Despite some random errors
related with TIDs (which should be simple to solve[?]) it seems to work
OK. The decrease in loading time for very heavy pages is pretty
noticeable for Indico, with the additional advantage that the cache can
be shared cross-process and even cross-machine.

There is a small issue in the way ClientStorage initializes the client
cache that seems to have got in the way of the original developer and
that I bumped into while trying to initialize the memcached cache
without having to hardcode the server address:

"""
         if client is not None:
             dir = var or os.getcwd()
             cache_path = os.path.join(dir, "%s-%s.zec" % (client, storage))
         else:
             cache_path = None

         self._cache = self.ClientCacheClass(cache_path, size=cache_size)
"""

could this be done such that the constructor argument for
ClientCacheClass can be specified in a less restrictive way? For
instance, by directly passing `client` and building the cache path
inside the constructor? That would help a lot.

Cheers,

Pedro

--
José Pedro Ferreira

Software Developer, Indico Project
http://indico-software.org

+  '``'--- `+  CERN - European Organization for Nuclear Research
+ |CERN|  / +  1211 Geneve 23, Switzerland
+ ..__. \.  +  IT-UDS-AVC
+  \\___.\  +  Office: 513-1-005
+      /    +  Tel. +41227677159