We are super interested in deploying zones at my company, and are looking for a way to meter and graph usage on a per zone basis. Does anyone happen to know if per zones kstats are available? I recall a discussion on performance-discuss that mentioned that per zone kstats were not available, but were on the Solaris roadmap. Anyone happen to know if this work was completed? If not, any idea what the CR# is (I checked the bug/rfe database, but wasn't able to locate the CR#).

Zones do publish kstats however many of them, at least at the moment,
reflect global information.  There are some exceptions, however.  If
resource pools are enabled (see
http://docs.sun.com/app/docs/doc/817-1592/6mhahuolc?a=view for more
information), then the following kstats are virtualized based on the
processors in the set that's part of the pool the zone is bound to:

        cpu:<processorid>:intrstat:*
        cpu:<processorid>:sys:*
        cpu:<processorid>:vm:*
        cpu_info:<processorid>:cpu_info<processorid>:*
        cpu_stat:<processorid>:cpu_stat<processorid>:*
        unix:0:system_misc:*
        unix:<psetid>:pset:*

In addition, NFS client statistics are also virtualized on a per-zone
basis.

What particular kstats are you looking at to be on a per-zone basis?

dsc