Mahesh,

Try the followings in GZ
/etc/init.d/volmgt start
Make sure in LZ the following SMF services are online too:
svcadm enable svc:/network/rpc/bind:default
svcadm enable svc:/network/rpc/smserver:default

Check the following in case the previous commands don't succeed
Run prtconf to see if the "sd" driver is attached to the cdrom or not.
If not, rem_drv sd and add_drv sd to see if sd can be attched to the cdrom.
If attach fails, then you have a problem. No matter what you are trying, your cdrom cannot be mounted at all.

The bottom line, you have to have the "sd" driver attached to your cdrom hardware.

Good Luck
Ihsan

Shakthy, Mahesh wrote:
My2Signature

Ihsan,

I tried that and it did not work. When I cd into /cdrom/cdrom0 in the local zone, I only see the slices on the CD and nothing deeper than that. Adding devices and mounting those works, but I am trying to do something simpler than that for the people in datacenter to use.

Thanks,

Mahesh

Mahesh C. Shakthy

DNCS Platform Development