Dave Bevans wrote:
Hi  All,

I have a customer who wants to assign 1 cpu and 1 Gb of memory for each zone they have created. What is the best way for the customer to approach this? Is this possible?

You can use a processor set & pool to assign 1 cpu to the zone.
We do not yet have the ability to partition memory, although
that is under development.  See
http://www.opensolaris.org/os/project/rm/pools/msets/.  We
are working on making this whole process easier.  The project
is described here
http://www.opensolaris.org/jive/thread.jspa?threadID=10451&tstart=0.
In the meantime, you will have to manually create the pool
and processor set using something like the following:

# pooladm -e
# pooladm -s
# poolcfg -c 'create pset bar (uint pset.min=1; uint pset.max=1)'
# poolcfg -c 'create pool foo'
# poolcfg -c 'associate pool foo (pset bar)'
# pooladm -c

Then assign pool foo, within zonecfg, to the zone.

You can also use resource caps to cap memory consumption within
each zone.  All of this is described in the zones doc
http://docs.sun.com/app/docs/doc/817-1592.

Jerry