Krzys wrote:

in http://docs.sun.com/app/docs/doc/817-1592/6mhahuoo6?a=view document there is something like this:

inherit-pkg-dir
This resource should not be configured in a whole root zone.

In a sparse root zone, the inherit-pkg-dir resource is used to represent directories that contain packaged software that a non-global zone shares with the global zone.

The contents of software packages transferred into the inherit-pkg-dir directory are inherited in read-only mode by the non-global zone. The zone's packaging database is updated to reflect the packages. These resources cannot be modified or removed after the zone has been installed using zoneadm.

Note
Four default inherit-pkg-dir resources are included in the configuration. These directory resources indicate which directories should have their associated packages inherited from the global zone. The resources are implemented through a read-only loopback file system mount.

/lib
/platform
/sbin
/usr

It does make those file systems as read-only loopback, is there any way to make /usr read/write loopback or even if I need to make it as a separate file system partition of directory. I would like to make it so its read/write partition.

Please help.

Chris

Hi
I assume you just want /usr to be a local copy, and /lib /sbin /paltform to be mounted in from the global.
in which case read
http://docs.sun.com/app/docs/doc/817-1592/6mhahuooq?a=view

in particular
  • zonecfg:my-zone> remove inherit-pkg-dir dir=/usr

I this writable /usr needed to support some application software?

Enda