Philip writes:
> I'm right that I can install solaris with the minimum as it should
> be only 'host' to the non-global zones, and in each of the
> non-global can add/install sw as needed?

It depends on how the software is packaged and what the software does.

If it has SUNW_PKG_ALLZONES set (see pkginfo(4)), then it must be
installed in the global zone.  If it delivers bits that are used in
the kernel (drivers or kernel modules), then it also must be installed
in the global zone.

--
James Carlson, KISS Network                    <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>