I have a package with the follow variables set ...

SUNW_PKG_ALLZONES=true
SUNW_PKG_HOLLOW=false
SUNW_PKG_THISZONE=false

The package also runs a postinstall script which modifies /etc/services

The package installs fine in the GZ and all current zones. The issue is with future zones. It appears that the postinstall script does not run in the namespace of the future zone that is, when the postinstall script runs, it modifies the /etc/services. I then tried prefixing the /etc/services references in the postinstall script with PKG_INSTALL_ROOT variable, but that appears not to be set when postinstall runs.

I don't really have a package like this but I have seen a number of packages from ISVs that does stuff like this. Is this suppose to work like this?

thxs
Joe

       ______         Joseph Balenzano
       /_____/\       Market Development Engineering