I would agree. Virtualization covers a spectrum, and within what we have and are working on, it goes from dynamic system domains with physical separation of OS instances to Solaris Resource Manager, which limits resource consumption within a single instance of Solaris and does not do any other type of isolation. In between are Solaris Container's zones, with process and name-space isolation, and LDoms, Xen, and VMware.

So the product the URL referred to can manage some of that.

I use the terms container and zones interchangably, and in context that is understood.

The term Container was not coined until late in Solaris 9's life, as zones technology was starting to become publicly talked about and used. It still can be confusing. Not that this is the only case :) [1]

Steffen

[1] How often has someone asked about iPlanet, SunONE, Java Enterprise Systems, [IBM] WebSphere, etc. when referring to a specific service such as web/http, app server, portal, firewall, etc.